BlackBerry - Re-installing apps on a new phone
Upgrading your phone to a newer model can be very exciting. But sometimes it is difficult to move all of the software you purchased on your own phone to the new phone. Luckily, this is relatively simple if you use BlackBerry App World or the MobiHand App Store.
In BlackBerry App World, simply login to your old account on the new phone, and your purchased apps should appear in window for you to re-install them.
After the BlackBerry® smartphone user switches to a different BlackBerry smartphone, or removes all data from the smartphone, or updates the BlackBerry® Device Software, the items that were purchased can be reinstalled using the BlackBerry App World storefront at no additional charge.
Follow the resolution below for any of the following situations:
- After switching to a different BlackBerry smartphone
- After updating the BlackBerry Device Software
- After removing all data from the BlackBerry smartphone
- If the My World window in BlackBerry App World does not contain any of the previously downloaded applications
- If an error is received when trying to purchase an application that was previously purchased
Even though the applications may not be listed in My World, the previously downloaded applications may already be installed on the smartphone if the Device Switch Wizard was used or the option to restore applications after upgrading the BlackBerry Device Software was chosen. Depending on the version of the BlackBerry Device Software, the icons could be located directly on the Home screen, in the Applications folder, or in the Downloads folder.
To reinstall purchased items, complete the following steps:
Note: If the BlackBerry App World application is not installed, please install it.
- Open BlackBerry App World.
- Select the My World icon.
- Press the Menu key, then click Login.
- Log in using the appropriate BlackBerry® ID account, if you do not already have a BlackBerry ID, you can create one from the link at the top of the login screen. See KB23716 for additional information on BlackBerry ID.
Note: If you are using BlackBerry App World 1, you will need to login with your PayPal® user name and password instead.
- Install each item one at a time by completing the following steps:
- Select the application to install.
- Press the Menu key, then click View.
- Click Reinstall.